Martec is the world leader in retail skills training in all the key business processes for the buying office, supply chain and store operations. We train retailers and companies that sell to retailers.
All our training material is developed by consultants who are former retailers. This gives our training it’s highly practical approach, based on our leading edge work in the retail arena. This ongoing experience in the real world of retailing and retail technology, coupled with our instructors’ abilities to go “off script” gives our training its unique value.
Martec's Retail Development Academy provides a learning management system to control and manage training in your company and ensure that you get maximum benefit from your training investment. The system can be hosted or run as an in-company LMS. All Martec's retail training courses can be accessed via the LMS as well as in company and other vendors' offerings.
Services offered include:
- Training needs analysis and retail skills audits
- Training road map and learning paths development
- Off the shelf e-learning
- Bespoke e-learning
- Off the shelf instructor-led classes
- Bespoke instructor-led classes
- Off the shelf class manuals
- Learning management system
Click here for our Training Services for Retailers brochure.
Skills Areas for Training
- General retail skills for retail IT staff, new entrants to retail and vendors
- Buying, merchandising and category management skills for retailers and vendors selling solutions in this area, or manufacturers selling products to retail buyers
- Store operations skills for retailers and vendors selling solutions in this area
- Solution Selling for vendors.
Martec's instructor-led and e-learning training programs are distributed in the US by Performance Solutions Inc (PSI) as well as being directly available from Martec. In South Africa our e-learning programs are distributed by Bridgewater Learning, based in Cape Town. For further details on our partners, please click here.
Recently, we completed a successful training project for a large US retailer going live with Oracle Retail v13. Our team assessed the client’s needs then developed and delivered the exact content they desired. Phase 1 was delivered within a short, six-week time frame. Training began on time, and was very well received. The initial training was instructor-led and was applied to a large group. Subsequently, we re-purposed the training in e-learning so that new team members, who join after go live and have missed the instructor-led training, can be properly trained thereby protecting their initial investment.
We already have instructor-led and e-learning training modules prepared for these Oracle modules:
- RMS (merchandise management)
- RPM (promotions)
- RPAS (merchandise, assortment and location planning)
- Retail allocation
- RPO (Retail price optimization)
- Stock ledger, deals, PO management, inventory management
- ReSA (sales audit)
- ReIM (invoice matching)
- SPO (size profile optimization)
- SIM (store inventory management).
Try a free demo of our Oracle e-learning by clicking here
Free White Paper to Download
To learn more about e-learning download our free white paper E-Learning in Retail, The State of the Art.