Vendor go to market services
Equipping companies that sell to retailers with the skills, strategy, research, marketing support and ROI justification to win more retail business. Martec helps you understand how retailers think, act, buy services and run their businesses.
Bespoke Market Research
Vendors use Martec to conduct market research assignments when they need the insight behind the numbers as much as they need the numbers themselves. Services include desk research, market sizing, questionnaire design, sampling frame design, telephone and online surveys, expert interpretation and lead generation.
We are expert at securing interviews with senior retail executives, generating newsworthy research results and providing meaningful, action orientated interpretations.
Vendors use Martec to size their market, adapt products for the retail market or specific sub segments, launch new retail products and position themselves correctly against the competition.
Articulating the benefits of your products and services to retailers, in their own language and using their KPIs, is vital to the success of your business. Martec develops white papers, sales presentations and other collateral to ensure the success of your marketing communications.
Go To Market Plans (Marketing Strategy)
Martec helps vendors develop their complete retail strategy. Others engage Martec to sharpen their approach to retail. If you are new to retail we will help you develop an effective retail vertical.
Marketing and Sales Aids
Ensure your sales and marketing team are well equipped to uncover all the opportunities in the retail market using our marketing and sales aids:
- Solutions chains – which make the link between a retailer’s business objectives (e.g. improving customer service) and the solutions a vendor can offer.
- Store visit analyzer – for sales people to prepare for sales meetings with retailers. 141 checks for a store visit and what the answers mean. How you interpret those answers into "suspect opportunities" at that retailer.
Comprehensive Return On Investment Models
These off the shelf ROI models have been developed for most common retail applications and are suitable for everyone selling solutions to retailers. Designed by Martec to give realistic measures of the return on investment of your solutions in a format that is readily accepted by retailers.
We can also custom develop ROI models for specific products and situations.
Designed for sales teams to help uncover opportunities in specific retailers. Martec provides detailed desk research on your target accounts. Check the Martec shop for your accounts to buy the desk research now or we can custom develop to your requirements. We carry out comprehensive research and then our retail specialists analyze it to identify all relevant factors, e.g. company culture, retail strategy, who's who, investment priorities and key performance indicators, comparisons with sector averages and identification of suspect opportunities. Download a sample from the Martec Shop.
We also carry out facilitated workshops with the account teams to develop the account plan for the company and plan the execution.
Martec understands retail from the vendor’s perspective and ensures that all training makes you sell or market more effectively to retailers. We offer e-learning, instructor led classes and a blended approach in all aspects of retailing relevant to vendors:
- General retail skills
- Buying, merchandising and category management
- Store operations
- Solution selling
Click here for our Training Services for Companies Selling to Retailers brochure.
Visit the Martec shop to see the full range of reports:
- IT in Retail reports – systems used by the leading 150 UK retailers
- Worldwide Retail Software Directory – a comprehensive analysis of all the retail applications sold in the English speaking world by product type
- Retail Fraud Survey - the loss prevention and retail fraud processes, strategies and systems of the leading 100 UK retailers for 2012-13
- Multi-Channel Retailing report – vital for vendors selling e-commerce products