Specialist retail consulting in process improvement, retail benchmarking, IT strategy, technology selection and implementation, retail skills training.
Martec is an independent retail consultancy practice. Our core competence is in retail and supply chain management. We provide you with clear, well thought out strategies, best of breed business processes, successfully implemented systems and the skills training necessary to get your company operating at optimum performance.
A typical Martec team is a highly focused group, usually of one to four consultants, working closely with client personnel. All of our consultants have formerly held management positions in significant retail organizations and have at least ten years retail experience.
Our consultants combine first hand experience with professional consulting skills. We have extensive knowledge of the industry and a thoroughly practical approach to our client's real needs. Our client list is wide and varied and is the who's who of the retail industry.
The areas we focus on include:
- Merchandise and category management
- Merchandise and range or assortment planning
- Forecasting, allocation and replenishment
- Supply chain management
- Store operations and loss prevention
- E-commerce and multi-channel retailing
Typical projects involve:
- Process improvement including benchmarking, process reviews, KPI analysis, best practice process design, process implementation
- IT consulting including IT strategy development and implementation, business requirements definition, developing Invitations to Tender (also known as RFPs), supplier evaluation, contract negotiation and benchmarking.